Moving home, moving town and moving church – so much going on if you’re a new student in Norwich or if you’ve just moved here with your job. We know it can be tough to find a new church when you’re at university and in a strange city, but you can be sure of a warm welcome, great Bible teaching, friendly faces and hospitality at Surrey Chapel. We usually have a mix of students and young adults as part of our church family including people from the U.K. and overseas and ranging from those who are investigating Jesus to those who have been Christians for a while.
What we’re about
At Surrey Chapel, we love having our students and young adults around. This is how we see you fitting in within our community:
- We want to see you become part of our Church Family
- We want to support you in studying the Bible for yourelves
- We want to create opportunities for you to find, practise, grow and develop your faith and abilities
- Ultimately, we want to equip you to become passionate disciples of Jesus
We also want to love and care for you whilst you are in Norwich and so we provide:
- Transport to and from the UEA campus to Sunday services
- Meals at church and in church members homes
- The opportunity to be informally “adopted” by a family from church (you can probably even persuade them to do your laundry!)
Students and young adults are also active members of the Surrey Chapel family and there are plenty of opportunities to serve. Whether you enjoy working with children or young people, want to play in our band, are technologically minded, or are willing to serve cups of tea and wash up there is something for everyone. We also actively support the UEA CU and Friends International and encourage you to get involved with their activities.
Find out more
Check out our Facebook page (here)
Or e-mail the twenties & student team (email@example.com)